Read Abraham Lincoln, Slavery, and the Civil War and answer one of the following prompts.
The book is the following:
Michael P. Johnson, ed. Abraham Lincoln, Slavery, and Civil War, 2nd Edition (2011).
Chose and answer only ONE prompt.
Prompt 1: How did Lincoln’s ideas about religion shape his thinking on slavery and emancipation?
Prompt 2: Why did Lincoln change his view on emancipation?
Rules for writing the essay:
1) Make a clear, evidence-based argument answering the aforementioned prompt.
2) Outside research is not necessary for this assignment, but you should quote lots of evidence from the primary sources provided from the book. Citations need only be page numbers in parenthesis, with quotations when appropriate, but do not use block quotes. Please note that in making an historical argument you should cite a variety of sources from the book, and cite those sources multiple times throughout the essay. Your opinion will, of course, drive your argument, but you need evidence from the primary sources to support your thesis.
3) The essay should be 4-5 pages in length, with normal margins, double-spaced and a 12 point font. Papers shorter than the required length will almost certainly receive a lower grade.
4) See policies on late papers and extensions found in the “Essays” section of the syllabus. Please plan to turn the paper in on time.
5) The best essays will accomplish the following:
• Most importantly, cite lots of primary sources from the book. Essays that rely too much on the introduction will receive significantly lower grades.
• It will make a strong, clear, and thoughtful argument. It will not be a book report, but instead will express the student’s own thoughts on the book’s argument, style, and evidence, as well as the essay question above.
• It will demonstrate that the student has not only read but also thoughtfully engaged with the book and other class materials.
• It will be clearly written with no spelling or grammar errors.
Explain how you explain Thomas Jefferson’s views in his Notes on the State of Virginia, and how did anti-racists like Benjamin Banneker respond to Jefferson?
Describe your understanding of how business policy and strategy choices should be made.
Explain which are the most appropriate teaching strategies for your course and audience, and why they are the most appropriate.
Identify the measures for evaluating the outcomes and observing changes including evidence from your literature search about the nature of the measures; the validity and reliability of the measures; how baseline measures will be obtained, how often follow-up measures will be administered and what results you anticipate finding.
What are the effects of consumerism on the environment?
Write a paper based off poverty’s and it’s effect on literacy on immigrant families in Miami, Florida.
Write a research paper on comparing and contrasting aerobic cellular and photosynthesis.
Describe key facts along with any policies, procedures, guidelines, best practices, applicable laws and regulations, and handbooks/internal publications.
Is there a specific company that grew exponentially during the pandemic?
Discuss the relationship between a CIRT plan and risk management.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more